Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tea and piece of a cake

Cometh-hour-2

Tea,It is not just a drink or a three letter word for me.I always share my happiness or sorrows with a cup of tea.A low cost energy drink. Most of the Indian relationships begin with a cup of tea :) :). Whenever I meet my friends or make a new friend,the first thing I would take him out for tea. Most of decisions taken while having a tea have been great and working :) :) I could call it as a sentiment :) :). You may just wonder why it is so important to write something about a cup of tea on which everyone would have stories to tell us.


            

Here I go.

So Next?

 
 As like everyone,my father has been a superhero to me since I had known him. Super hero for the family. This Super hero in the family sacrifices anything that would cost the benifit of the family. So does he. Tea was his best companion most of the times and he considered "Having a cup of tea with the family at any time boosts me to do many hard things" . I used to guess "How could this man be so crazy about a single cup of tea" and many times it worked out for  him.On feb 17 2008, while were discussing about a family thing, he was quoting that "sweetness of tea will be known in its hottest taste(He never knew that Cafe Coffee day exists :) :) )and taste will be there for final sip, so does our life . We must need to face the hottest problems and yet the sweetness of the life would never go down till your last breath stops". I was making a fun of these freaky dialogues and never cared. But I never knew that was the last day that was the last tea with him and  I could talk to him ,that too was on sunday.We had fun watching cricket,Cups of tea and cakes. what not.Enjoyed the holidays  and went back to college. Got a news on feb 19th 2008, that he was no more ! Shocked and .... can't find/add words to fill it now


If I could invite anybody for 'tea for two' today it would undoubtedly be My Dad.
                                        
What did make me to write about tea and why?
                                                                       
     I just want to thank preetishenoy,an author two national best sellers ( 34 bubblegums& Candies and Life is what you make it) for being a good inspiration to indulge in writing. I have read both of her books and impressed with the way that she narrates the story. One could easily bring out the visuals and characters infront of you. I take pleasure that I have read both of her books and flipkarted the third one (and title goes with my favourite and unforgettable words).Tea for two and a piece of cake


 

10 comments:

  1. Karthick--I don't know if this is a true story or whether it is fiction
    But it did bring a lump to my throat, as I know how it feels to lose a parent.

    Loved the analogy you used about braving life with the sweetness of tea. Love how you said that relationships begin with a cup of tea.

    Thank you so much for taking part. And thank you for the words of praise about my writing too!

    Preeti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a true story happened to me on the same date. Thanks for the comment. While reading 34 bubblegums and candies,I felt the same when you mentioned about father's death.

      Delete
  2. Very very emotional and touchy Karthick. No one can make up for this loss but a tea with your dad himself. I am sure you're gonna do great and follow his sweetness principles. Loved the post. I could relate to it in an indirect manner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachit,Thanks a lot for your good comments. loved it ..

      Delete
  3. Tea is indeed an important part of our daily life..Sorry to hear about your dad. Beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lot can happen over a cup of tea, too ;) Why should Coffee alone have all the fun :P
    Tea may actually be a little thing to many. You have more than just a reason to be emotionally attached to this low cost energy drink. What that may appear little to some may actually be a greater one for someone else.. Good one, dude!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rajesh. You are the one who has motivated to write or a regular on to view my blog post during our college time.Hope this time I just want to make it big just not by having fun alone.Your suggestions would be appreciated any time :) :) Thanks buddy!

      Delete