Friday, January 27, 2012

College Dictionary ;-)

Cometh-the-hour:4


College dictionary

                            Every college has its own history, so do the freaky and weird words which are getting used in the college. I am just want to write few words which I found interesting during the college time.
.
      There is a dialogue which you could listen in most of the all the college-based-love stories : "Those days were awesome,I wanna be a student again": I am no odd to tell you the same dialogue. Every graduate has his own stories about his/her college life and fun. If asked, I could write too many posts about the fun and good times I had in the college and which every one could do. Of all the fun times,I liked the way my friends used some freaky words. In mepco, almost 85% of the students were hostellers.I got a chance to meet and be friend with people from different places.I always loved to hear the language slangs used by my friends.We had strict hostel rules and yet there was a great fun.About the freaky words,never heard of them before I joined Mepco Schlenk.

Here I go

Well, once you enter a new environment,even a sorry/thanks from a unknown person you meet(In college) seems to be weird for some one who comes from the town/village. This happened to me


Friend : Machi,ennada verithanama padikura.

He said this on the second of the college. I really could not understand this verithanam. After few days

Friend 1 :Machi ennada kettathanama padikura

He did not know I was reading the Ananda vikatan books which I brought from my native.

I had no clue what was happening in my second year for first 3 weeks. Fourier series or "freak"ier series .Hell with that.I hated X and Y series.sin appeared as "sin" to me.



I already had no clue on what did he mean about "Kaatuthanam and Verithanam".I heard few more words I never heard in my life till then. Let me share you those words in this post.

I still may not be right on what friends really meant the following words.


Kaatuthanam  - Either so good or so bad (in studying).

train        - You cannot understand the topic or subject but you still need not miss the chapter

Kettathanam  - Hard worker.

Verithanam   - as Kaatuthanam.

Vilanguda ne - One who gets high marks.

Koduran      - One who studies in the last minute and scores good marks.

kattuvaasi   - Person never takes bath or brush during the exam time.

mirugam      - as Kettathanam.

Appalam      - Arrears 


There is a dialogue I used to hear from the computer science friend "Machi avan vilangu mathiri verithanama padichu miruga mark vaangitaanda". I though "Man, Where does he come from?.Imported from congo". :-)


This seemed to be really fun after the exam duration : "Machi Namakellam Appalam thaan"

Another one: "Mild ah padichittu wild a mark vaangitaanda".


As said,every college has its own dictionary with more words like these.There were few "Maanidaaas" who rarely understood or had clue on what was happening around them:):)


I am glad all my friends are doing their best and still continuing their mirugathanam.Always I take a pride and glad to be a mepcoite for giving such a wonderful time and these excellent friends


No comments:

Post a Comment