Saturday, January 28, 2012

Innings to remember


  Early morning in a sunday.My favourite time slot in the week.Calm and Cool here in chennai. I just want to share something I would want to follow this week. When I start writing,I am occupied by a belief that I am gonna have super good week. Everyone is a great motivator of one-self.I am thinking about few cricket games and trying to infer somet interesting facts about it. Here are those innings come into my mind.I am sure every cricket fan remember these innings,so do I. I may be wrong in the game's/innings's perception.but still I feel that I am right to some extent

Innings performances of Dravid,Sachin,Yuvraj:

Rahul Dravid:

Who could forget his 270 against pakistan in 2004.He had pressure in playing against the rivals and India was in need of a win to clinch first test series win in pakistan till then.Dravid was playing cool strokes and reached his Double hundered.He scored many singles and he was rotating the strike.One of the good test matches I have ever seen. At the same time,Brain Lara scored 400 runs for West Indies and set a new world.It still remember that match was drawn. Lara scored 400,new world record.Bravo! Brian Lara - You were smart and strong.Meanwhile,Dravid's 270 runs against pakistan at Karachi,was a match winning game. In Windes,the game was just drawn since the team had been concentrating on Lara's 400.Windies had three days of their innings in a test match.

His innings of 270 is the best one I have seen in a test matches.There were many players who scored and still scoring 300 odd runs,but to me - what matters is what does one do to get the team win.


Sachin Tendulkar:

 Master Blaster,little master,super man and call what ever you've named and he is upto it.He shows the perfection,classic and style who can never adopt in their game.He is unique and "THE ONE" to have game plan with the extra ordinary determination.I would prefer his world cup innings performances in 2003 are his best ones(as a collective one - a series). In 1996 ,he was young,energetic and did not have so much pressure as he had in 2003.He was out of form before the world cup and he needed to proove himself. He was consistent throught out the series and won the golden bat. Who can forget his sixes against caddick and akthar.I can clearly think/visualise of both the sixes.

His games were perfect,determined and success-oriented. He had a excellent patience,perseverence,plan and thinks that could make a perfect game.Though the records can state many more excellent matches/innings of him,I considered this series to be the best in terms of consistency in a series. Though he had great knocks in Sharjah,Bangladesh Independence cup (1998) (I prefer these series as the best ones of him), 2003 was something special to him.


Yuvraj Singh:
 
   Singh was King on 2007 t-20 series.As everyone,considers his six sixes against stuart broad as the most rememberable games in t-20, I am no odd. Even though the game was balanced between both India and England, that special over made the talk of the cricket world.6 6 6 6 6 6. Every ball is a new game,the bastman could not have a instinct on the bowler's mind.But this man, scored sixes all around the ground and measured a good distance. See,This ia a important point I want to mention this innnings.Yuvi should have thought that he could go for scoring runs in this over though the broad was already set and yuvi should have been adamant in scoring the maximum runs from tat over and That was a bind blowing..666666

At the end the game was with us.

So,Why do I talk about cricket now ?.There are few lessons in these innings.

1. Team Game: We are in a team,either a family or Profession. Team matters more than a personal account.Somehow team win would felicitate your performance if you contribute to it.Joy gets doubler and relationship grows strong. Lara scored 400,thats ok. Windies played 3 days of a match,they never wanted a win.Just played for one man's record? What do you call it?

2. Consistent:What ever you do, you need to be consistent at any time. In the recent years,history cares the last recent moment.We need to be passionate about whatever we do.Once we live at that,the game is with us.

3.Decide the win and find the path: If we decide or have a instinct of win,the oppurtunity would come to us by any way.We need to be adamant about winning,thats what I remember yuvraj said in a interview about the game.


Team work,Consistent and Adamant about winning,Hope these three things would carry us to anywhere we would want to go,provided we would play the best innings.


1 comment: